Are you looking for a Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessment?
What is a Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessment and why is it required?
A Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessment forms the basis of any contaminated land investigation. It is the collation and review of historical information that currently exists about the site.
The purpose of the investigation is to establish land use history and review available information to determine the environmental setting of the Site and potential risks and abnormal costs associated with soil and groundwater contamination, hazardous gases and mining. If potential risks are identified then an intrusive site investigation is often required.
What we include in a Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessment report?
Here at Tier Environmental we not only have a highly knowledgable team we also have access to extensive databases which provide a wealth of information. The types of information included are as follows;
- Site history – previous and current uses
- Mining and Quarrying
- Hydrogeology and Hydrology
- Ecological Features
- Landfill and Waste Management
- Local Potentially Contaminated activity
- Radon Risks
Exciting Opportunity – Office/Data Input Administrator required
We are looking for an office assistant/data input administrator to be located in our Birchwood office. This full time role is for 40 hours working 5 days a week 9:00am – 5:00pm. You will play a supporting role, through the delivery of excellent administrative service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Input data from the site engineers notes onto a borehole database application (HoleBase)
- Answer the telephone and forward calls to the appropriate person
- Reporting to Director and office manager.
- Typing letters / reports / various documents
- Input of engineer expenses
- Create reports using Microsoft Excel
- Arrange hire of plant and equipment
- Assist the site based engineers in keeping diaries, appointments, timesheets etc
- Implementing and maintaining a filing system
- Available to start beginning of June
- Previous office based experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated
- Capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team
Welcome to Sean Lee to our team
We are pleased to introduce our new Principal Geoenvironmental Consultant Sean Lee. Sean joined Tier Environmental back in December 2016 and brings a range of experience to the role. Sean has 23 years experience in the assessment and remediation of brownfield and greenfield sites for residential, industrial and commercial developments. Sites investigated include fuel filling stations, steelworks, ordnance sites, tar ponds, historic landfills, mills and an oil refinery.
Sean spent 7 years working at the Environment Agency in the Groundwater and Contaminated Team as the Area Lead for landfill gas projects, including the production and review of landfill gas technical reviews. Other duties included the approval of landfill engineering projects and the review of hydrogeological risk assessments, stability risk assessments and environmental monitoring reports.
Positions held ranged from Assistant Engineer to Associate Director, with previous employers including AIG, WSP, WYG, Woodford Consult, Sub Soil Consultancy Services and Pennine Vibropiling.